It’s a special Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness bonus episode! Doctor Strange and Wanda Maximoff, now Scarlet Witch, must contend with what they both have done to the Multiverse. In this episode, Richard and Sarah break down the film and share their thoughts on the characters, genre and scenes. Where do our favorite characters go from here?? What do we think of a horror film in the MCU? We also share your thoughts, too. As with any of our breakdowns, this episode DOES contain spoilers.
The film opens as America Chavez and an alternate version of Doctor Strange flee through the space between universes to find the Book of Vishanti to stop a demon chasing them. (The Book of the Vishanti contains spells of defensive magic and is indestructible. Its counterpart, the Darkhold, contains all the knowledge of black magic).
Chavez makes it to Earth-616 and is saved by Doctor Strange and Sorcerer Supreme Wong. She tells them that she is being hunted because she has the power to travel through the multiverse.
They soon realize it was Wanda who is hunting Chavez down to gain her power so she can cross the multiverse and find her kids, Billy and Tommy. When Strange refuses to surrender Chavez, Wanda attacks Kamar-Taj, killing many acolytes. Chavez then accidentally transports herself and Strange across the multiverse to Earth-838.
While searching for help, Strange and Chavez are arrested by Earth-838’s Karl Mordo and brought before the Illuminati, which consists of Mordo himself, Captain Peggy Carter (from the animated series, What If?), King Black Bolt (who is part of the Inhumans), Captain Maria Rambeau (from Captain Marvel), Doctor Reed Richards (from the FF), and Professor Charles Xavier (from the X-Men).
Mordo believes our Earth’s Strange is dangerous, but before they can pass judgment, Wanda arrives and kills the Illuminati, except Mordo. Strange and Chavez escape with help from Strange’s ex-fiancé Christine Palmer, who is an Illuminati scientist in this multiverse.
Escaping from Wanda, the three enter the space between universes to find the Book of Vishanti, but Wanda appears and takes over Chavez’s mind, using her powers to send the others to a sinister, mostly-destroyed universe. Strange and Palmer fight the sinister universe’s Strange, who has been corrupted by the Darkhold. Strange uses this Darkhold to dream-walk into the corpse of the alternate Strange which remained on Earth-616 and save Chavez. Unable to overpower Wanda, Chavez instead transports her back to Earth-838, allowing Billy and Tommy to witness her evil. The kids are terrified by Wanda, who is there as the Scarlet Witch, but after realizing how much death and destruction she’s caused, Wanda uses her powers to destroy all copies of the Darkhold throughout the multiverse, seemingly sacrificing herself in the process.
Before Christine returns to Earth-838, Strange tells her that he still loves his universe’s Christine but has always been too scared to have a real relationship. America begins training as a sorcerer at Kamar-Taj.
Today In Star Wars History: Part 1 – January through June is now available for pre-order!! Click here for all the details, packages and discounts. Sarah just finalized some of the items included in the pre-order package.
Where We Will Be
May 25, 2022: 3rd Annual Boonta Eve Cantina! Join us LIVE at Big’s Bar and Grill in Fullerton for an evening of podcasting, singing, celebrity signings and our Official Book Launch of Today in Star Wars History: Part 1 – January through June! Check out the Facebook Events for details.
May 27, 2022: Disneyland After Dark – Star Wars Nite
May 26 – May 29, 2022: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim
- May 26 at 3pm: Fandom Through the Generations – Richard and Sarah Woloski, Panel Hosts on the Fan Stage
- May 27 at 2pm: Star Wars Tourism: Visiting the Galaxy Far, Far Away on Earth – Richard and Sarah Woloski, Panel Guests, James Floyd (Star Warsologies), Panel Host on the Fan Stage
- May 27 at 5pm: Skywalking Network Variety Show on the Podcast Stage – a variety show of several Skywalking Network podcast hosts!
- May 28 at 12pm: Celebrating the Ewok Adventures – Richard and Sarah Woloski, Panel Hosts on the Fan Stage
Check out these SKYwalking NETwork Podcasts:
- Classic Marvel Star Wars Comics – Delving into each issue of the Star Wars comic series 1977-1986
- The Max EFX Podcast – Chronicling the 35-year Special Effects film career of Max Cervantes
- Neverland Clubhouse – Two sisters, and best friends, sharing Disney adventures
- Talking Apes – focusing on the original Planet of the Apes films and TV shows
- Totally Tell Me Everything – Two ladies, one topic, three questions. Sarah Woloski and Bryn MacKinnon learn, share and grow.
- Star Warsologies – A podcast about Science and Star Wars
Small World Vacations is an official sponsor of Skywalking Through Neverland. Contact them for a no obligation price quote at www.smallworldvacations.com. Tell them Skywalking Through Neverland sent you.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/skywalkingpod
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkywalkingPod
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skywalkingthroughneverland
- Send emails to email@example.com and follow us on Facebook.
Never Land on Alderaan!