In this episode, we pay tribute to Max’s friend Richard Arnold who was a research consultant on Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG), and held the title of “Star Trek Archivist.” It was Mr. Arnold who encouraged Max to try out for the show as a background extra. And later he moved onto making physical props for the show
Max talks about his time as a crew member of the USS Enterprise on Star Trek TNG and how he had to take on the task of hiding the fact that he was a fan of the series. Max shares the entire process of being cast, costume fitting, and the layout of the sets. Then Max and Co-Host Kevin Toft talk about meeting and working with the cast of Star Trek TNG, from being personally welcomed to the show by Jonathan Frakes (Commander Riker) to being surprised by Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan)!
Also, this is where we need your help! Max’s Starfleet background character NEVER got a name. Watch for a post on the Max EFX Podcast Facebook page and let us know what you think his name should be. We’ll go through all the suggestions and reveal the name on the next episode.
Join us on this next leg of Max’s journey in the special effects business! Listen here:
The Max EFX Podcast is part of the Skywalking Network.
Binge-Listen to more Episodes
- The Max EFX Podcast 07: Star Trek IV – “Dax” and Props
- The Max EFX Podcast 06: Star Trek TNG – Max’s Days as a Starfleet Officer
- The Max EFX Podcast 05: Working with Practical Effects
- The Max EFX Podcast 04: Saving Star Trek… and Fan Families with the Trimbles
- The Max EFX Podcast 03: Beetlejuice & Kissy-Face!