Welcome back to Westview and WandaVision! This first Disney+ Original Marvel series is a mystery/romance that kept fans guessing for nine weeks on the fate of Wanda Maximoff and Vision. So now it’s time to debrief and decompress with our friends Tricia Barr and BJ Priester, both founders of FangirlBlog and Hyperspace Theories, to analyze the storytelling and world-building of this marvelous show. We also discuss how risky WandaVision was for Marvel, film score and music analysis and our overall thoughts. Where will these characters will go from here? And where are Billy and Tommy!
Raya and the Last Dragon premiered on Disney+’s Premiere Access and in theatres on March 5th. Richard and Sarah share a spoiler-free review and help you decide whether or not to purchase Walt Disney Studios’ latest animated feature film. Raya features the voices of Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico from The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker) who turned in a fantastic and emotional job as Raya. Akwafina voices Sisu the Dragon.
Story Synopsis: Long ago, in the fantasy world of Kumandra, humans and dragons lived together in harmony. However, when sinister monsters known as the Druun threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, those same monsters have returned, and it’s up to Raya to track down the last dragon and stop the Druun for good.
Also on this episode:
- Join us for Pop Culture Trivia every Friday night at 6:30pm PT – livestreaming on twitch.tv/skywalkingpod. Please subscribe to get the notifications when we go live!
- Falcon and The Winter Soldier Zoom Chats every Friday at 7:45pm PT – anyone can join, just sign up for the Skywalking Newsletter for the link! The audio of the WandaVision Zoom Chats are available as podcast episodes for the Skywalking Force, our Patreon. Check it out and have a look at all the levels available.
Never miss a podcast, Zoom discussion link or Pop Culture Trivia!
Check out these SKYwalking NETwork Podcasts:
- Resilience Squadron – Sharing the adventures and challenges of disabled fans across and in the Star Wars universe
- Classic Marvel Star Wars Comics – Delving into each issue of the Star Wars comic series 1977-1986
- The Max EFX Podcast – Chronicling the 35-year Special Effects film career of Max Cervantes
- Neverland Clubhouse – Two sisters, and best friends, sharing Disney adventures
- Talking Apes – focusing on the original Planet of the Apes films and TV shows
- Totally Tell Me Everything – Two ladies, one topic, three questions. Sarah Woloski and Bryn MacKinnon learn, share and grow.
Small World Vacations is an official sponsor of Skywalking Through Neverland. Contact them for a no obligation price quote at www.smallworldvacations.com. Tell them Skywalking Through Neverland sent you.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
Find out how you can become a part of the Skywalking Force and unlock bonus content. This past month we’ve been sharing lots of Behind-The-Scenes content as we worked on Neverland Podcast. Check it out!
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/skywalkingpod
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkywalkingPod
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skywalkingthroughneverland
- Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Facebook.
Never Land on Alderaan!
Check out some of our previous episodes and articles:
- 452: The Bad Batch S3 Premiere Press Roundtable & Review – Dee Bradley Baker, Michelle Ang, Brad Rau & Jennifer Corbett
- 451: Butch Patrick is Skywalking Through Neverland
- 450: Disneyland vs. Universal Studios Hollywood!
- 448: Mike Matessino – Soundtrack Producer, Master Engineer & Audio Archaeologist
- 447: Mickey Mouse as Public Domain EXPLAINED by Law Professor B.J. Priester