Max and Kevin talk about Max’s work as an engineering cadet for Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. This time he has a character name, Dax. Max shares stories of costume fittings, and lots of the making of this sixth film in the original Star Trek series. How many times do you spot Max as Dax and a Klingon in ‘Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country’? Hint: is he ready for his close-up?
Kevin and Max go through the name choices for Max’s character on Star Trek: The Next Generation. Thanks to all the listeners who submitted your very off-kilter and very funny names. The choice will be revealed in this episode.
Max also talks about the props he made for Star Trek: The Next Generation. What considerations go into making the props? How is it going to be used and what parameters does it follow to survive? And where did Max hide Easter Eggs within his props???
Join us on this next leg of the journey!
The Max EFX Podcast is part of the Skywalking Network.
Binge-Listen to more Episodes
- The Max EFX Podcast 07: Star Trek IV – “Dax” and Props
- The Max EFX Podcast 06: Star Trek TNG – Max’s Days as a Starfleet Officer
- The Max EFX Podcast 05: Working with Practical Effects
- The Max EFX Podcast 04: Saving Star Trek… and Fan Families with the Trimbles
- The Max EFX Podcast 03: Beetlejuice & Kissy-Face!