What’s more whacky than a marriage between a reality-bending sorceress and a synthezoid moving to the ‘burbs to start a family? Not a heck of a lot! WandaVision is a hot topic right now, and rightfully so. It’s a great Disney+ show that refuses to be pinned down to any single genre. And with the Easter eggs sprinkled throughout each episode—the story can get a little overwhelming to some less seasoned comic book readers. I’m here to help you out by assembling a list of Marvel titles that will expand your knowledge of Wanda & Vision.
Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch)
- Scarlet Witch by James Robinson: The Complete Collection (Trade Paperback)
- Collects Scarlet Witch (2016) #1-15, Doctor Strange: The Last Days of Magic (2016) #1. Witchcraft is broken, and the Scarlet Witch must embark on a globe-trotting journey to fix it! From Manhattan’s back alleys to the Greek Isles to the Irish countryside, Wanda Maximoff faces myths and legends, combats curses, and discovers there’s more to her complex family history than she knew. But will the powerful mage called the Emerald Warlock be friend or foe? And even as witchcraft is pieced back together, Wanda must discover who shattered it in the first place! The Scarlet Witch will aid brokenhearted hero Le Peregrine and seek help from young witch the Wu, but things won’t be easy when she encounters her brother, Pietro! The Witches’ Road is long — and full of dangers!
- Vision: The Complete Collection (Trade Paperback)
- Collecting VISION (2015) #1-12. A superhero story like no other. He was created to kill the Avengers — but he turned against his “father.” He found a home among Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and love in the arms of the Scarlet Witch — but it didn’t end well. Now, the Vision just wants an ordinary life — with a wife and two children, a home in the suburbs, perhaps even a dog. So he built them. But it won’t end any better. Everything is nice and normal — until the deaths begin. Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta confound expectations in their heartbreaking, gut-wrenching, breathtaking magnum opus — collected in all its Eisner Award-winning glory.
- VISION: YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW TPB (Trade Paperback)
- Collects Avengers Icons: Vision #1-4; Avengers (1963) #57. The android Avenger goes solo! His memories were downloaded and stolen. A partially amnesiac Vision must seek help from the reluctant granddaughter of his creator, Professor Phineas T. Horton, to defeat a technological terror programmed by the Nazis during World War II to cause fear and death from the skies. Created using technology stolen from Professor Horton, the newly escaped Gremlin will not be denied its mission in the present day – even if it must reprogram and erase the Vision’s very humanity in the process! Plus “Behold, the Vision,” the spooky synthezoid’s fantastic first appearance!
Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) & Vision
- VISION & THE SCARLET WITCH: THE SAGA OF WANDA AND VISION TPB (Trade Paperback)
- Collects Giant-Size Avengers (1974) #4, Vision and the Scarlet Witch (1982) #1-4, Vision and the Scarlet Witch (1985) #1-12, West Coast Avengers (1985) #2. The unlikely romance between the Vision and the Scarlet Witch is one of the most famous Avengers storylines of all! Now, witness what happens when the two heroes finally get married and settle down in the suburbs! If you think they’re going to live a quiet life, think again! Wanda embraces her sorcerous heritage — but can a revelation about her family tree be believed? The Vision’s past threatens their future, as Ultron and the Grim Reaper strike! And things get even stranger when Wanda’s magic spells lead to the couple becoming…a family! That’s right, despite all odds, the Scarlet Witch is pregnant — and now Wanda and Vision must prepare for the most important responsibility of their lives!
- Marvel-Verse: Wanda & Vision (Trade Paperback)
- Collects Avengers Origins: Vision (2011) #1, Giant-Size Avengers (1974) #4, Marvel Team-Up (1972) #129-130. These two mighty Avengers shared one of the greatest romances in the entire Marvel-Verse! They are the synthezoid Vision and the reality-manipulating Scarlet Witch — and these are some of their most action-packed adventures! First, the Vision is unleashed on the Avengers by his “father” — the evil android, Ultron! Vision’s control of his density makes him a formidable opponent, but his inner nobility soon sees him turn on his inhuman creator! Joining the team, Vision soon finds love with Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch — and their far-out wedding is one of the greatest Avengers stories ever told! Wanda and Vision make one heck of a team — but even with Spider-Man by their side, can they defeat the dark sorcerer Necrodamus?
Links to Read More WandaVision Stories
A Little About Me
My name is Eric Onkenhout, I live in Massachusetts, and Star Wars is my jam and has been since I was 6 or 7. Besides Star Wars, I also enjoy Marvel and Game of Thrones. I love to write, whether it’s fiction, reviews, or journalistic articles. I also enjoy long walks on the beach!
As far as movies, books, comic books, or tv shows, I tend to gravitate towards good writing regardless of the genre. I have a Bachelor’s degree in English-Creative Writing; I like sports like hockey, football, and soccer. And I have one cat named Zeke who is doing his best at laying on my arm as I type this right now.