Mark Newbold (JediNews UK / Radio 1138 / starwars.com) and Jennifer Landa (YouTube / ForceCenter Podcast) join Richard and Sarah this week to give their expert opinions on how to get involved in the Star Wars Fan Community. We’ve been asked several times about this, so we asked on these great guests since they have such a rich, varied history between them.
It’s Harry Potter wands vs. Star Wars lightsabers!! Teresa Delgado (Fangirls Going Rogue / Star Wars Bookworms / Disney Vault Talk) helps us delve into the similarities and differences of wand-lore vs. lightsaber kyber crystals, the origin story of the Darksaber vs. the Elder Wand, and so much more. If, for some reason, you are not familiar with the Harry Potter-verse you may want to com back to this one since there will be spoilers.
Also on this episode:
- TANGLED: THE SERIES – update on release date and the NEW Disney Channel Original Movie, TANGLED BEFORE EVER AFTER, releasing on March 10th – Sarah’s birthday! Head here for more info.
- STAR WARS Special Editions were released 20 years ago. Richard waxes nostalgic about 1997. Read his article all about it on JediNews.
- Sarah recounts her experience at the actual Disney Vault (Walt Disney Animation Research Library). Can you imagine being a foot away from original Mary Poppins background animation? For more details and pictures, head here.
- Skywalker Shout-outs and Skywalker of the Week
- Foreign Dub Contest
WHERE WE WILL BE (IN REAL LIFE)
4/14/17: GALACTIC NIGHTS at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. A one-night Star Wars celebration during Star Wars Celebration Orlando. Details Here
4/16/17: Hoojib Hop and Skywalker Roundtable at Star Wars Celebration Orlando. Details TBD
4/17/17: Skywalker Meet-up at Magic Kingdom. Details TBD
September 17-22, 2017: Skywalking HALLOWEEN ON THE HIGH SEAS Disney Cruise! To get more info, email Randy Crane at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a free, no obligation quote. You’re not committing to anything, just getting information with that request. In the Comments section mention “Skywalking Through Neverland” so Randy Crane knows you want to be part of our group.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
tweet! tweet! @SkywalkingPod.
We have a Facebook Group.
Follow Skywalkingpod on SnapChat.
Join us every week on Periscope for a behind-the-scenes look at our show. We also bring you to Disneyland, Red Carpet Events and Theme Park Openings.
Never Land on Alderaan!
Hosted by the husband and wife team, Richard and Sarah Woloski. Our love of Star Wars and Disney brought us together, and now we want to share that passion with all of you! Our hope is to build a fan community where we all share and encourage each other. Join us!
Latest posts by Sarah Woloski (see all)
- 157: SURVIVAL GUIDE to Star Wars Celebration Orlando, Part 1 - February 23, 2017
- 156: Skywalking Through Tatooine - February 15, 2017
- TALKING APES TV: Mission of Mercy - February 13, 2017