We go back to 1987 with Dan Madsen! Over Memorial Day weekend in 1987, Star Wars was celebrating its 10th Anniversary. To commemorate such a milestone, Starlog Magazine held a convention in Los Angeles called, “Starlog Salutes Star Wars–A 10th Anniversary Tribute to George Lucas and the Galaxy Far, Far Away Which He Created!” We prefer the title – Star Wars Celebration 0.
Only a few thousand fans attended, as opposed to the tens of thousands that attend these past Celebrations. I was there and, another big Star Wars fan was there, a fan who would rise in the ranks to become the founder and president of the new Star Wars fans club and publisher of the upcoming Lucasfilm Fan Club magazine, Dan Madsen! On this episode we will listen to a selection of the George Lucas Q&A Panel, and comment on his answers. What predictions and statements came to be? What was George’s answer to a pointed question, “Why is there only 1 woman in Star Wars?” George’s answers may blow your mind.
Full Video: 1987 George Lucas Q&A at Celebration 0
Things We Want To Share
- ForceFest: Celebrating The Saga – How To Attend and ForceFest Schedule
- Richard and Sarah on LaughingPlace.com’s Who’s The Bossk podcast talk ForceFest
- Richard and Sarah on The Main Street Electrical Podcast talking Disneyland attractions and ForceFest
Sarah is donating AND selling face masks! For all the details, click here.
Check out these SKYwalking NETwork shows:
Small World Vacations is an official sponsor of Skywalking Through Neverland. Contact them for a no obligation price quote at www.smallworldvacations.com. Tell them Skywalking Through Neverland sent you.
NEW! Right now, you can save 15% off your entire order at Whosits & Whatsits using promo code: SKYWALKING. Visit WhositsWhatsits.com today and spark some magic in your closet!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/skywalkingpod
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkywalkingPod
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skywalkingthroughneverland
- Send emails to email@example.com and follow us on Facebook.
Never Land on Alderaan!