Today, Laura Sirikul (@lsirikul of Nerdist / Nerds of Color / The Hollywood Reporter) joins us to discuss her Mulan fandom. She grew up reading the ballad of Mulan as a kid and explains how important it was seeing a Disney character that looked like her. Laura also shares stories of when she visited the live-action Mulan set in New Zealand and attended the world premiere in Hollywood! We will also discuss Mulan vs. the live action Mulan, but will issue a spoiler-warning before we go into that part. So it’s spoiler-free for a good hour!
EW.com released their Fall TV Preview with an exclusive first look inside at The Mandalorian Season 2. We share our favorite tidbits from the article and swoon over Baby Yoda. We had such a great partnership with GetVokl for ForceFest that they are starting up #StarWarsSaturday – open to all Star Wars shows! GetVokl is launching the soft start this Saturday 9/12 and we’ll be live at 6pm PT. Sign up for your own GetVokl channel with our referral link and you will receive 100 VCoin. For more info, check out this article by Megan Rickards (Future of the Force / From an Autistic POV).
Sarah is donating AND selling face masks! For all the details, click here.
Check out these SKYwalking NETwork shows:
Small World Vacations is an official sponsor of Skywalking Through Neverland. Contact them for a no obligation price quote at www.smallworldvacations.com. Tell them Skywalking Through Neverland sent you.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/skywalkingpod
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkywalkingPod
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skywalkingthroughneverland
- Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Facebook.
Never Land on Alderaan!
Check out some of our previous episodes and articles:
- 442: WISH Movie Breakdown & Review + Walt’s Office Tour & Disney Animation Studios Press Day
- 441: THE MARVELS Breakdown with that Skrull – Paul Warren
- 440: ‘Star Wars Holiday Special’ Boba Fett Animator – John Celestri
- 438: Halloween Special!!
- 437: Celebrating 100 Years of Disney / Remembering Costume Designer Shawna Trpcic