What to watch on Disney+ this week? We’ve got you covered. Plus, news of the week. It’s a Disney+ Round-Up!
Disney+ Releases New Featurette, “Embrace Yourself,” For Season One Of Disney’s Inaugural “Launchpad” Collection Of Short Films
Premiering May 28 – Today, Disney+ released “Embrace Yourself,” a featurette for Disney’s inaugural season of “LAUNCHPAD,” a collection of live-action short films from a new generation of dynamic storytellers. The goal of Disney’s “LAUNCHPAD” is to diversify the types of stories that are being told and to give access to those who have historically not had it. Inspired by life’s journey, these first six short films for Disney+ are based on the theme, “Discover.” All six short films will be available to stream on Disney+ beginning May 28.
Disney’s “LAUNCHPAD” Season One short films:
- “AMERICAN EID,” Written and Directed by Aqsa Altaf.
- “DINNER IS SERVED,” Directed by Hao Zheng, Written by G. Wilson & Hao Zheng.
- “GROWING FANGS,” Written and Directed by Ann Marie Pace.
- “LET’S BE TIGERS,” Written and Directed by Stefanie Abel Horowitz.
- “THE LAST OF THE CHUPACABRAS,” Written and Directed by Jessica Mendez Siqueiros.
- “THE LITTLE PRINCE(SS),” Written and Directed by Moxie Peng.
Submissions for Season Two of Disney’s “LAUNCHPAD,” which is based around the theme of “Connection” and includes a writer’s track, will be accepted beginning today through June 11. https://launchpad.disney.com/
Cameras and lenses for Season One of Disney’s “LAUNCHPAD” were supplied by Panavision, a leading global provider of technical and creative solutions for the motion-picture industry. “Panavision and Disney share a commitment to empowering storytellers from a diverse cross section of communities,” says Panavision President and CEO Kim Snyder.
This Week on Disney+ for Friday, May 7
Disney+ Original Series or Premieres
Star Wars: The Bad Batch Episode 102 “Cut and Run”
“Star Wars: The Bad Batch” follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in “The Clone Wars”) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch—a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army—each possess a singular exceptional skill that makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew.
Big Shot – Episode 104 “Great in the Living Room”
After Harper’s exposé goes viral, Marvyn seeks redemption by trying to recruit a new player.
The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers Episode 107 “Pond Hockey”
In present day Minnesota, the Mighty Ducks have evolved from scrappy underdogs to an ultra-competitive, powerhouse youth hockey team. After 12-year-old Evan Morrow is unceremoniously cut from the Ducks, he and his mom, Alex, set out to build their own team of misfits to challenge the cutthroat, win-at-all-costs culture of youth sports today. With the help of Gordon Bombay, they rediscover the joys of playing just for love of the game.
New to Streaming on Disney+
These series and films are not Disney+ Originals, but they will begin streaming on May 7 unless otherwise noted.
- Disney Wander over Yonder (S1)
- Disney Wander over Yonder (S2)
- Everyone’s Hero
- Flicka 2
- Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
I’m a Disney+ Junkie and Want More!!!
- Marvel’s WHAT IF…? Soundtrack Ep. 1-3 Available Now!
- Behind-the Scenes of “The Clone Wars” and “Rebels” with Writer Steven Melching
- About Marvel’s WHAT IF…? Fun Facts and Behind-the-Scenes Stories
- Review: Marvel’s WHAT IF…?” Series is a Comic Book Brought to Life
- Gwendoline Yeo, Voice of Nala Se in Star Wars: The Bad Batch – Press Roundtable