Totally Tell Me Everything…7…about Cosplay!
Greetings and salutations, friends! We’re back, and we’re diving into COSPLAY, a creative pursuit that’s near and dear to our sewing machines and hot glue guns.
Question 1: What is your connection to cosplay?
- Sarah: It all started with Slave Leia/Hut-slayer Leia/Gold Bikini Leia and JediTink during 2007 and 2012 Star Wars Celebration Los Angeles and San Diego Comic Con
- Proto-cosplay: ‘80s Superman pajamas
- Still cosplaying?
- Yes! Making costumes for runDisney events gives Sarah the challenge of creating cosplay that’s still functional for doing what you need to do
- Bryn: The Cosplay =/= Consent episode of Skywalking Through Neverland inspired Bryn to put together her Brave Leia (Merida/Leia mash-up) for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015
- Proto-cosplay: Wonder Woman Underoos
- Still cosplaying?
- Yes, from home during the pandemic over zoom a bit
- making costumes for the kids
- Disneybounding! Outfits that mimic something or everything from a character using clothes and accessories you already have (see The Disneybound, BrynI had the name wrong in this episode).
Question 2: What do we want to learn about cosplaying?
- LARPing! What is the difference between LARPing and cosplay?
- Live Action Role Playing: You create your character and act as that character at an all-day or multi-day event
- Cosplay: You make a costume of a character that already exists and display the costume at event or in photography
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Building cosplay skills!
- Sewing classes at Joann Fabric
- Learn to make armor out of foam and stuff! (Here’s the pattern Bryn used for Sylvie’s breastplate)
- Posing without feeling like a dumb dumb
Question 3: What are you excited about regarding cosplaying?
- Bryn’s excited to cosplay/Disneybound with her son at conventions in 2022! No solid ideas yet, and we have to get started!
- Sarah’s holy grail cosplay: Couples cosplay of Robin Hood and Maid Marian from Disney’s animated film for Disneyland’s Sweethearts’ Nite this year
- Both of us are thankful for everyday cosplay items from companies like Elhoffer Design, Her Universe, and BoxLunch. Maybe Bryn will actually find some kind of fun workout clothes.
Bonus: Basketball is a peaceful planet, please.
About Totally Tell Me Everything
Two friends, one fun topic, three burning questions = lots of fun conversation! Each month we pick a topic and ask each other three questions about it – we learn about the subject, our past and each other. So come sit by us and we’ll totally tell you everything!
How To Listen on the Go:
Listen now and leave a Review on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Google Podcasts | RSS
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to leave a podcast rating and review!!
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/totallytellmeeverything
- Sarah: http://instagram.com/jeditink
- Bryn: https://www.instagram.com/brynane/
- Join the Skywalking Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/488002904732240/
5 thoughts on “Totally Tell Me Everything…7…about Cosplay!”