Greetings and salutations, friends! We’re back, and we’re diving into COSPLAY, a creative pursuit that’s near and dear to our sewing machines and hot glue guns.
Question 1: What is your connection to cosplay?
- Sarah: It all started with Slave Leia/Hut-slayer Leia/Gold Bikini Leia and JediTink during 2007 and 2012 Star Wars Celebration Los Angeles and San Diego Comic Con
- Bryn: The Cosplay =/= Consent episode of Skywalking Through Neverland inspired Bryn to put together her Brave Leia (Merida/Leia mash-up) for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in 2015
- Proto-cosplay: Wonder Woman Underoos
- Still cosplaying?
- Yes, from home during the pandemic over zoom a bit
- making costumes for the kids
- Disneybounding! Outfits that mimic something or everything from a character using clothes and accessories you already have (see The Disneybound, BrynI had the name wrong in this episode).
Question 2: What do we want to learn about cosplaying?
- LARPing! What is the difference between LARPing and cosplay?
- Live Action Role Playing: You create your character and act as that character at an all-day or multi-day event
- Cosplay: You make a costume of a character that already exists and display the costume at event or in photography
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Building cosplay skills!
Question 3: What are you excited about regarding cosplaying?
- Bryn’s excited to cosplay/Disneybound with her son at conventions in 2022! No solid ideas yet, and we have to get started!
- Sarah’s holy grail cosplay: Couples cosplay of Robin Hood and Maid Marian from Disney’s animated film for Disneyland’s Sweethearts’ Nite this year
- Both of us are thankful for everyday cosplay items from companies like Elhoffer Design, Her Universe, and BoxLunch. Maybe Bryn will actually find some kind of fun workout clothes.
About Totally Tell Me Everything
Two friends, one fun topic, three burning questions = lots of fun conversation! Each month we pick a topic and ask each other three questions about it – we learn about the subject, our past and each other. So come sit by us and we’ll totally tell you everything!
How To Listen on the Go:
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to leave a podcast rating and review!!
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/totallytellmeeverything
- Sarah: http://instagram.com/jeditink
- Bryn: https://www.instagram.com/brynane/
- Join the Skywalking Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/488002904732240/